• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony Digital Recording Binocular DEV-3/DEV-5 (1 Viewer)

Looks like my post in video recording in Andy Bright's forum crossed with yours. Looks like the start of a very interesting trend.

I don't know how many times I've been out with my camera and binoculars wishing I could just push a button on my bins to photograph what I see. That wish makes these devices sound interesting, but I think I'd take a pass at this point. My experience with Panasonic G1 series cameras tell me that trying to find a small bird moving though trees in a contrasty light condition would not work well with an EVF equipped set of bins. Sony has just introduced a new higher resolution/better performing EVF with their new cameras which is not provided with these bins - I've read a review of the new EVF and it is better than the older ones, but still not comparable to an optical view. Theoretically, even if the scene through the viewfinder is subpar, you could shoot beautiful photos (or video) but my problem is that if you can't find a small, fast-moving bird (or butterfly, etc) through the viewfinder, you'll never get the shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back