• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mourning Dove HELP PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

ladyrora

We have a mourning dove who is trying to nest in the cove of the windshield of my husbands car. We drive it daily and moving the nesting material doesn't seem to be working. She's a tenacious little beauty. Would a nesting box nearby help? She builds every morning. We've tried moving the car etc but she won't be swayed. I don't want her to succeed one morning and end up having to move a nest with eggs. ANY help would be appreciated. It's breaking my heart!

How about putting a rolled up towel in the cove area after parking the car. Also, you might consider covering the area with a blanket. Harbor Freight sells moving covers for a low price that you could use instead of a blanket.

I suspect you would only have to block her out of the spot for a few days before she goes elsewhere.

How about denying access to the cove by covering it with something while the car's parked, a plastic bag maybe or a tarp?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back