• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A little experiment with NIMH batteries. (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Recently, i've noticed that my batteries are charging quicker and not lasting as long as they should. No way near the the amount of charges they should be taking for being relatively new. Well, I tried something a couple of weeks ago and I wondered if a few of you would try it as well. Here goes:

Once the charger light shows green, I take out the first and third battery and switch them and then place it back in the outlet again. Imagine! The yellow/uncharged light comes on again. After it then turns green again, I switch out the second and fourth battery and repeat the process. I have been doing this for two weeks now and I am getting a lot more time out of the batteries in the camera. Incidentally, this is not just with one charger. I have tried it with all four that I have and the same thing happens. Unless it is a bent tab in the charger, I don't know what else to make of it. I never mix my batteries. In other words the set I originally bought stays as a set til they die.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back