• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2012 Coolpix P310 (1 Viewer)

RJM

Don't Worry, Be Happy!
Looks like the new Nikon Coolpix P310 update is pretty much the same camera as the old P300. Same body, same lens, still a small sensor now with rez bumped up to 16mp, base ISO now ISO100, addition of Nikon Picture Controls for in camera processing. No idea on continous shooting speed or addition of a Live Histogram. Ho hum...|=o|

The P300 suffered at distance from not having an ED lens so it appears that the P310 also does not. That's why I preferred the S9100.
Neil

I had a chance to play with the P310 today at the CP+ show. It does have a live histogram and a memory setting for the start up zoom position. I also confirmed it is compatible with the current FSB-8 adapter. If the jpeg IQ tests out this may be the most digiscoping friendly camera to buy now.

Jason, yes I did see the J1/10-30 combo on a Kowa 774 at the Digisco.com booth and a V1/FT1 on the Kowa Photoscope at the Kowa booth. The Nikon sports optics booth was pretty lame. No digiscope setups to be seen at all!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back