• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White-colored (albino) female Cardinal? (1 Viewer)

ravyrn

I was sitting on the porch at my mother's in East Texas with around 19 Cardinals at the feeders. Saw this very lightly-colored, almost white, female Cardinal. You guys helped me identify some hawks last Fall, so I thought it only fair to share this with you guys as payment. I'm not sure how rare these are, but it's my first time seeing one in my 31 years, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Here is a link to the photos of it in a gallery @ http://imgur.com/a/X4xDM.

If anyone wants to use these photos for anything, feel free. I have higher resolution ones but they were 8mb so I made the jpgs much smaller. If anyone wants the larger ones, just shoot me a pm.

EDIT: I posted the gallery on Reddit and was informed the proper term is "leucistic" for this Cardinal. If a Mod cares to edit the title so that it may more accurately portray the contents of this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back