• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 ? Nikon HG LX, Swaro SLCwb (1 Viewer)

jgraider

For you guys that have experience with these bins, is it possible to pick a "winner" here? Pros and Cons please? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I had a 2010 version of the Swarovski 8x30 SLC B. The last year Swarovski made them.

I never liked the design of its eye cups. They were rounded and did not work well with my technique of bracing the binocular up against my brow ridge just under my eye brows. They didn't feel comfortable to me. The binocular was not as good under conditions that produced veiling glare as my Nikon 8x32 LX L was. I gave it to my son who wears glasses when he uses it and he is happy with it. It works well with glasses. He will be taking it with him when he tours Alaska this summer.

I used a Nikon 8x32 LX L for a long time and was happy with it. I had no glare problems with it and found it very easy to use. I did not think it was as bright as the Swarovski which probably had brighter coatings on its prisms.

Just today I compared it to my new Nikon Monarch HG 8x42. The 8x32 has Silver Prism Coatings and it is clearly not as bright as the Monarch HG which has prisms that have Dielectric High Reflective Multi Layer Coatings.

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back