• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is your favourite pic that you've taken this year? (1 Viewer)

senatore

I've attached my own favourite which pleased me as I,ve only had the camera for a few weeks and am very much a novice.

Camera : Canon 350D and Sigma 170-500 lens.

What is your favourite pic that you have taken so far?

Max.

Attachments

• hawk 11 (Small).jpg
    hawk 11 (Small).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 488
I've had my nikon D50 since the autumn of last year , about 5 months or so. In that time my best photo taken was one of my first. I haven't managed anything half as good since. I keep telling myself its due to poor weather.

Attachments

• forumkitemar06.jpg
    forumkitemar06.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 344
Mine in a Kingfisher taken at Fairburn Ings last Saturday, with my Kowa 32 W lens, Sony DSC W5 Camera.

Phil Sharp

Attachments

• DSC00993.jpg
    DSC00993.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 376
I'd say my first "great" capture of a Hairy Woodpecker with my Olympus C-740 is my favourite so far this year.

Attachments

• hairy woodpecker.jpg
    hairy woodpecker.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 325
So far, mine is a humble Blue Tit...but it is my second favourite garden bird, it almost sat where I wanted on the perch and the first shot I managed of this species with proper light this year |=)|

Great stuff so far, as Keith said, keep them coming!

Cheers

Mark.

Attachments

• IMG_7993.jpg
    IMG_7993.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Pretty chuffed with this one from the lens I bought a few weeks ago from postcardcv

Attachments

• Whooper-swan.jpg
    Whooper-swan.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 314
mw_aurora said:
So far, mine is a humble Blue Tit...

I'm not suprised that you're pleased with this one Mark - one of the best blue tit shots I've seen, a real gem.

bill lord said:
Pretty chuffed with this one from the lens I bought a few weeks ago from postcardcv

Nice one Bill - glad to see the lens is working out for you.

WOW !!!!!! What fabulous pictures everyone.Keep them coming.I am going to attach another one.

Max.

Attachments

• rob 5 (Small).jpg
    rob 5 (Small).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 331
I think this is my favourite so far this year.
I clambered onto a high stone wall to get the angle on this little fellow..... got some interesting comments from a passing couple when they saw me struggling to get down again without crashing my camera... offered to hold it for me.... declined their offer, safer in my hands I think!

Attachments

• NuthatchF2.jpg
    NuthatchF2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 355
I'm new to digital photography and have had my canon S2 IS for a few months. I have never had nuthatches in my garden until about two weeks ago but this one just keeps comming back.

Attachments

• nuthatch 1.jpg
    nuthatch 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 321
markho said:
Excellent Kingfisher by Phil , must of missed it on the gallery. Was it taken from a hide.

Thanks, I did take the picture from one of the Hides, at the side of the Big lake, at Fairburn Ings.

What a great idea this thread was, Max!

It took me a while to decide on which one to pick but I finally settled on these Cormorants because it was the first picture I took that made me realize how much fun I'm going to have using the FZ20 and TCon-17 in combination.

Graham

Attachments

• Cormorants2.jpg
    Cormorants2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 306
The pics above are so great compared with my efforts that I have convinced myself you are all using cameras and lenses costing at least £10,000.

Anyway i have attached another one.

Max.

Attachments

• blue 1 (Small).jpg
    blue 1 (Small).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 263
Oh, I'd be just as rubbish with £10,000 of kit, Max!

I was pretty happy with these though, back when I used a Sigma 135-400mm lens (handheld at 400mm): it's the "baby brother" of your lens, incidentally, and I'd owned the camera and lens for about 4 months when I took these.

Attachments

• gc1.jpg
    gc1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 276
  • starl700.jpg
    starl700.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 261
Keith - those are both excellent shots, I especially like the starling, such amazing birds.

Max - obviously good kit helps, but not as much as good light and a bit of luck. Attched is one of my favourite shots (not sure why, just really like it) that I've taken, taken with a 300D and Sigma 170-500 soon after I got my first dslr...

Attachments

• commontern05.jpg
    commontern05.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 327
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back