• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens Hood for Olympus TCON 17 (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi All,
A while back some of you may remember i was experimenting to cast my own rubber lens hood for my TCON 17 tele lens, well my prototype worked great! but after plenty of messing about trying to find a black casting rubber that would hold its shape and not cost the earth i had to give in
However! there is good news, i have bought a 77mm colapsable rubber lens hood off Ebay for £3.49 + £3.00 postage to UK (from China, it arrived within 7 days) they come with a 77mm screw fit and as the TCON 17 has no filter thread all you need to do is pull the rubber of the metal ring (very easy with no damage to rubber) and slide it from the rear of the TCON onto the lens (there's even a small lip on the rubber that fits nicely on the TCON
and it works perfect and doesn't cause vigneting problems.
The company on EBAY is called Link-Delight and they advertise all the time.
Hope this has helped
Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back