• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coming soon - Sigma 105mm macro with OS and HSM! (1 Viewer)

Coming soon - in sigma talk means a good few months sadly. The sigma 150mm was announced last september and is now only just getting a price and release date ($1600 RRP in March for USA)

So we might have a long wait for these new sigma lenses. I am excited however since it means that with the 150mm and 105mm upgraded the 70mm might also see some attention (even if they just add HSM which is really the only thing I mostly miss on that lens)

Oh yeah the 150mm's getting an OS upgrade too.

Well if the difference in price between the two ends up roughly the same as what it is now I'd find it hard to justify the extra money spent on just an extra 45mm myself. Will be interesting to see how the prices of each pan out. The 105mm is a popular lens nowadays because it's a good macro with decent reach at an affordable price and if that can hold trueish for the new version then it's got to be the winner of the two.

Just checking DPreview and the Sigma 105mm OS seems to be out in America now so we can expect it here any time soon. Not on WHE yet but the 150mm OS is and priced at £999 (in stock too!). If money were no object how many would take that over the Canon 100mm IS? Anyone have a 150mm yet that can tell us what it's like?

A few UK shops have the 150mm OS at around £850 (Park Cameras) and I suspect WE will probably take a similar price once the stock actually arrives

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back