• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eden Project Bird! (1 Viewer)

kenp

Hello!,,,,a friend of mine took this shot at The Eden Project last week and has asked me to identify it for her,,,it's not the best of shots and I'm stuck!,,,anyone have any clue?.......thanks very much for looking.........kenp

Attachments

• eden bird.jpg
    eden bird.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 225
I'm guessing they have captive birds there, as it doesn't look like any European species.

My best guess is that it's one of the smaller tyrant flycatchers.

They released 20 Sulawesi white-eyes a few years ago. Think they are now called pale-bellied (Zosterops Consobrinorum)?

cuckooroller said:
Hi Ken,
Eden Project? Could you give further details, like location of the shot?

It consists of a series of enormous glass domes containing simulated environments. A major tourist attraction.

Well, I agree this is something from Zosteropidae - but I am not sure exactly in genus Zosterops - kind of reminds me of something from Rukia or Megazosterops. I guess someone could just write them at the Project and ask what the heck they are - tough on this angle to give a definitive.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back