• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

645 Pro App (1 Viewer)

sbooder

an english birder in france
Hi All,
has anyone tried the 645 Pro APP for iPhones that produces a type of RAW image called a dRAW/TIFF yet?

The idea sound good and if it works, I would thing it may well improve images taken through a scope. I may try it as it is only £4 but I would like to know if anyone thinks it is worth getting.

Thanks.

I have downloaded the app yesterday. I think this is going to be my primary camera app for my iPhone 6. The app interface is the closest I have seen to a traditional camera. Most of the normal settings are there and in a presentation that looks much like a DSLR.

But it does not record in RAW. What they call dRAW/tiff is an unaltered TiFf file. For each image you can record 2 files like a DSLR does. So you could create 2 files; one of which is a jpeg that copies Velvia 50 slide film plus an unaltered tiff, or numerous combinations and permutations.

The authors have written a 60 page manual which you can download from their website. Www.jag.gr

I am looking forward to giving this app a full test over the next few days.

I have downloaded the app yesterday. I think this is going to be my primary camera app for my iPhone 6. The app interface is the closest I have seen to a traditional camera. Most of the normal settings are there and in a presentation that looks much like a DSLR.

But it does not record in RAW. What they call dRAW/tiff is an unaltered TiFf file. For each image you can record 2 files like a DSLR does. So you could create 2 files; one of which is a jpeg that copies Velvia 50 slide film plus an unaltered tiff, or numerous combinations and permutations.

The authors have written a 60 page manual which you can download from their website. Www.jag.gr

I am looking forward to giving this app a full test over the next few days.

Look forward to hearing about your results.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back