• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawfinch - San Pedro/Long Beach California USA (1 Viewer)

SanAngelo

More like a forced migration....this bird will make land today, 18 May 2016, around 1700 PST.

Found this interesting, today's ebird daily ABA Rarities Alert included the report of a pending sighting for the Hawfinch in San Perdro/Long Beach California area.

The bird hitched a ride on a container ship the APL China, south of the Aleutian Islands 5/11/16.

Here's the link to Peter Leahy's ebird report.

Here's a link to his Hawfinch...#1...#2...#3...#4...#5...#6...#7

In his report he says; "We have had other passerine hitchhikers aboard this voyage, Brambling, Rustic Bunting, Pine Siskin, and Oriental Turtle Dove. We also had a Brown Booby join us for three days."

Here's the link to his photo gallery of the other birds.

I would like to read his other 10 reports but I don't know how to find them within ebird. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Dunno about US rules, but under UK rules, proven ship-assisted with deliberate artificial feeding is untickable . . . it might as well have been in a cage for the voyage ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back