• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for photos of South African birds (1 Viewer)

kkriper

Hi, I am new to South Africa and new to the Bird Forum. What a beautiful country! We moved here in February and the creative juices started flowing! I have been requested to make a wall hanging involving cross stitching (with beads) 12 South African Birds. So far I have completed the Bateleur Eagle, Purple Crested Lourie, Narina Trogon, Woodland Kingfisher, Heughlin's Robin, Lilac Breasted Roller, and Southern Red Bishop. I am unable to find photos of the following birds, and was wondering if anyone had photos they could donate to the cause: Purple Gallinule (AFRICAN), African Hoopoe, Black Collared Barbet, Orange Throated Longclaw, and Gorgeous Bush Shrike.

Your photos would be appreciated! I am happy to give credit to you for the photo, and will email you photos of the completed birds.

Thank you.
Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I have a photo of Orange-throated Longclaw, I'll find it out for you and send it to you when I have the chance.
If theres any other birds, let me know, I have a few on my website from a trip last year if any of those are any good. Just click on South Africa photos at http://members.lycos.co.uk/jameseaton

all the best

Thank you so much for your quick reply! do you need my email address? do we give out email addresses? This is all very new to me!

No we dont give out E mail addresses James can use the Auto system which is not available to spammers.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back