• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk fungi for ID (1 Viewer)

James Emerson

Norwich Birder
After a late start to the fungi season locally, there seems to be a lot about now. I would appreciate thoughts on these three from wooded areas in East Norfolk today.

1) I think this might be Phlebia rufa, however some of the 'spines' appear forked
2) Not sure about these - my best guess would be a Coprinellus sp that hasn't opened up yet, but there were a few and all looked like this.
3) I think these brown Oysterling-types will be a Melanotus horizontalis?

Thanks,

James

Attachments

• IMGP7170.jpg
    IMGP7170.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMGP7196.jpg
    IMGP7196.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMGP7290.jpg
    IMGP7290.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi James,

1 - No idea, but IME P.rufa tends to grow on large decorticated pieces of wood which is not the case here...
2 - I can't see a veil so I would tentatively suggest an immature Mycena sp.
3 - Yes, M.horizontalis, for sure

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks Nick.

Hi James,

1 - No idea, but IME P.rufa tends to grow on large decorticated pieces of wood which is not the case here...
2 - I can't see a veil so I would tentatively suggest an immature Mycena sp.
3 - Yes, M.horizontalis, for sure

Cheers,
Nick

Here are a few more fungi from recent woodland walks. Highlights not included here include Green Elf Cup and Pipe Club var contorta. Of these, I've IDd the orangey one ass Pluteus aurantiorugosus, but its so nice I thought it was worth posting. On the same log were the white ones. I was stumped by these, but Pleurotus dryinus has been suggested. The final one was growing on some cut edging posts and I'm not sure if it could be something Hohenbuehlia-like, or something related to Crepidotus.

Attachments

• IMGP7546.jpg
    IMGP7546.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP7541.jpg
    IMGP7541.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP7539.jpg
    IMGP7539.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP7375.jpg
    IMGP7375.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 27
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back