• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some species -2 (in Turkey) (1 Viewer)

sgokce

There are some more species taken in Turkey. The dates of the pics and my comments are below. Are they true? Thank u for your help up to now...

1st pic : Meadow Pipit? (on December)
2nd pic : Yellow Wagtail? (on September)
3rd pic : Common Buzzard? (on September)
4th and 5th : I always see them around. I suppose they are not Feral Pigeons. Are they Rock Doves?

Attachments

• IMG_5242c3.jpg
    IMG_5242c3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0914 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0914 (Large).JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9260c.jpg
    IMG_9260c.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1638c1.jpg
    IMG_1638c1.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1638c3.jpg
    IMG_1638c3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 101
the buzzard - as CAU always points out: median coverts form a pale band which is inconsistant with LLB. this would make it a steppe buzzard (vuplinus).

the buzzard - as CAU always points out: median coverts form a pale band which is inconsistant with LLB. this would make it a steppe buzzard (vuplinus).

I agree. Sometimes the median coverts of a LLB might be slightly paler than the lesser and greater, but the subject bird shows very clearly defined pale bands and looks like a classic Steppe Buzzard in this respect. I can't see any other features either that would be inconsistent with Steppe Buzzard.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back