• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic GF1 digiscoping advice (1 Viewer)

altodd

Panasonic GF1 / GF2 digiscoping help needed !

Hopefully someone out there can help me. I've just purchased an Opticron t mount adaptor for micro four thirds along with the Opticron push fit photo adaptor (41112) which connects between the t mount and the eyepiece on the Opticron scope (model ES 80). I'm certain I've purchased the correct kit for connecting the camera to the scope however as soon as I try to take a pic I receive a screen warning "Please check that the lens is attached correctly". I've changed the camera setting to manual, as well as changed to manual focus but no joy. Any advice on why this set up isn't working or any alternative set up for the GF1 perhaps leaving the camera lens on would be really appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
In the camera menus there should be an option to 'Shoot without lens'. Default is set to 'off' so set it to 'on' and it should all work fine.

Paul.

Paul, many thanks for that as your info has resolved the problem - now looking forward to now being able to capture some half decent bird images although I may now need a heavier weight tripod .....!

Hi, bit of a newbie here. At present have just bought a Celestron Regency 80 scope but cannot find anywhere a T ring for attaching a Panasonic GF1. Any guidance gratefully received.

Dave.

Hi, bit of a newbie here. At present have just bought a Celestron Regency 80 scope but cannot find anywhere a T ring for attaching a Panasonic GF1. Any guidance gratefully received.

Dave.

Welcome Dave.

Can you check the name of your scope as Regency isn't one I've heard of.

Check under the rubber eyecup on the eyepiece and see if there is a thread. If the scope you have is the Regal then there will be a thread under the rubber eyecup. As far as I know the regal scope should come with a T-adapter that screws onto the eyepiece and then all you need is a T-2 to micro 4/3 adapter for your G1 and these are readily available. There's an example here.

Paul.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

Thanks Paul for the quick reply. The name indeed is REGAL and not as I said (must be getting old). Have noted your suggestion and it is exactly what I want. Had Googled world wide without success prior to your help.

Thanks,
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back