• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minsmere RSPB reserve (1 Viewer)

Christopher

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Minsmere and a possible relocation. I was told - secondhand - about a news item that the RSPB were going to relocate Minsmere within ten years because of the fast erosion of East Anglia by the North Sea. I checked the RSPB website and the newspapers, but there was no mention of this. Has anyone come across the possible relocation of Minsmere?

Thank you.

Regards,

Christopher

:news:

The RSPB have certainly put it about that the long term future of the reserve is in doubt but i can't remember the exact timespan quoted. I think we're o.k. for birdforum 'Minsmeets' for the next 20yrs at least.
regards,
Andy

Christopher said:
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about Minsmere and a possible relocation. I was told - secondhand - about a news item that the RSPB were going to relocate Minsmere within ten years because of the fast erosion of East Anglia by the North Sea. I checked the RSPB website and the newspapers, but there was no mention of this. Has anyone come across the possible relocation of Minsmere?

The 'You and Yours' broadcast with an item on this topic still seems to be available this morning through 'Listen Again' (although over 7 days old) at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/index_20050323.shtml

Don't know if it will stay there long, though. You'll presumably have to scroll through to get to the item if you want to listen.

EDIT: No scrolling required. Each item is separately choosable. Still working at 12.34 today.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back