• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Regular Visitors to my garden.... (1 Viewer)

StueyD

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum & just thought i'd let you all know what i'm regularly seeing in my garden at the moment.
I think the selection is good for the middle of a large town but maybe this is because of the large oaks we've got and the wildness of a railway embankment that runs near the garden.
What do you reckon, a good selection or nothing unusual?

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Green Woodpecker
Nuthatch
Robin
Blackbird
Jay
Magpie
Blue tit
Great tit
Crow
Bullfinch
Wood Pigeon
(Unidentified) Owl
Wren
Sparrow
Herron
Chaffinch
Starling

Cheers!

Stu

Hi Stu - looks pretty good to me. The only ones I have never seen in my garden are the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker and an owl - though I heard a tawny owl a few nights ago, but only the second time in 14 years!!!

Hi stu, welcome to BirdForum.
That's some list you have there! all 3 woodpeckers as well, i would go for tawny for your owl. Look forward to more of your garden post's.
bert.

Wow, as a beginner I think that sounds great, particularly the woodpeckers. I just hope that I can eventually get a list something like that. We have though, had a tawny owl on a neighbours aerial and sounding from the wood next to us, which caused great excitement.

Benjismum

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back