• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morning after the night before! (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
:hi: Well after a night of thunder lightning & torrential rain, i thought it would be a none starter for the birds this morning. So out at 6-15am sultanas seed and a bit of mixed fruit, i hadent been in the house 3mins, when the collared doves arrived 10- followed by house sparrows lost count after 5o+ then the clowns of the bird world, starlings around 30ish. then 1 juv blackbird, adult blackies still in moult, can hear them but not showing much! so chuffed with this turn out set of for work 7-15am. Then around 12midday got a phone call from my wife, to say the pair of bullfinches were back!!!! we have not seen them since may so you could say we are thrilled:t: :t:
bert.

Such an innocent thread, Bert - I was a bit worried when I read the title! I can understand the thrill of the bullfinches - we had a female, then a pair last week, but we haven't seen them for a few days now. They are not regular visitors.

Seems autumn seems to be drawing in bit by bit - my wintering Coal and Crested Tits returned to the garden today, first time since spring. Have a bunch of very tame Marsh Tits too - all let me get within a foot of them while they fed on the sunflowers and one let me lift him off the feeder today!!!

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Such an innocent thread, Bert - I was a bit worried when I read the title! I can understand the thrill of the bullfinches - we had a female, then a pair last week, but we haven't seen them for a few days now. They are not regular visitors.
Really EB have you no faith:-O

bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back