• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (21 Viewers)

I assume they are in the edge along the north bank east of the boat club near where the Penduline Tit was seen on Sunday.

ps a great rendition of WACCOE at ER last week even the Blackpool keeper appreciated it!! on n on

No wonder! His team were winning 5-0! As for singing about being the champions of Europe because you got beat by AC Milan in the CUP WINNERS CUP (not even the main competition!) due to some unfortunate refereeing decisions...

...well that's just deluded!

How do I do a smilie?
;) there we go.

Is the Ibis still at Filey does anyone know?

No wonder! His team were winning 5-0! As for singing about being the champions of Europe because you got beat by AC Milan in the CUP WINNERS CUP (not even the main competition!) due to some unfortunate refereeing decisions...

...well that's just deluded!

1975 Lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich in Paris due to a bent ref. that's why we sing WACCOE.

I thought it was 73 against Milan when the ref was bribed to be honest. Either way it doesn't make you 'Champions of Europe'!

Waccoe, I think it was you I met early morning on Sammy's a couple of weeks ago when you'd arrived from Holmpton?

Thanks for reply Michael. Was going up there today so looks like Spurn now.

I thought it was 73 against Milan when the ref was bribed to be honest. Either way it doesn't make you 'Champions of Europe'!

Waccoe, I think it was you I met early morning on Sammy's a couple of weeks ago when you'd arrived from Holmpton?

Yes that would of been me.

The Greek ref from 1973 was banned for life,and to this day there is still Leeds supporters club in Thessaloniki.

11 Bean and 17 White Fronted Geese in our oilseed rape field this afternoon till dusk

a mini influx of white fronts is developing probably the largest influx since the early 90's with well over 100 in the NE today with birds scattered between Lincs and Northumberland something to watch out for over the weekend

A Hume's Warbler on the South Gare late this afternoon..and perhaps next on the cards?..a Desert Warbler in Finland..the last being a spring bird at Sammy's Point in 2000 I think

waccoe its a great chant and the Paris final was a great match marred by poor refereeing get the DVD watch it and weep..most teams fans only sing when they are winning the problem for Leeds is that their support is greater than the team on the pitch!

Hi Chris. It was a three year stay in Leeds whilst at Uni. Lived in Harehills. Good times. From Hull and support Hull. A few of the lads are Leeds fans and the banter is rife between us especially now in same league!

At least you hate Man U which is one good thing.

Sorry for football interlude. As Johnny says, looks like a good year for White-fronts with a few Bean dotted around too. Any chance of a Lesser in Yorks?

Not holding my breath though...

Wheldrake and Lower Derwent Valley

Dear All,

Planning a trip to the above soon, can someone advise whether the ings have started filling up a bit in both areas please?
Worth going at the moment or would it be best to leave it a few weeks?

mtia
Michael

Last edited:
Dear All,

Planning a trip to the above soon, can someone advise whether the ings have started filling up a bit in both areas please?
Worth going at the moment or would it be best to leave it a few weeks?

mtia
Michael

very dry at the moment, plenty of flocks flying over and through,Teal,Fieldfare, some Redwing 15-20 Mutes,lots of Lapwing, Raptors have been good, Regular Buzzard close up on the bank,Kestrel,sparrow hawk show well,lots of reed bunts and all the common stuff. Its up to you but you won't need your wellies!! :t:

Wild goose chase

Thanks both for the info, I had a go at both sites after fulfilling shopping duties but to no avail. The birds had flown off about an hour before I got there.

One of three bogey birds left for me now. Will have to trek to norfolk at some point I suppose.

Nice walk today, plenty of fieldfare,several small flocks of linnets,GS Woodpecker ,red kite and buzzard inside half an hour!Then more linnets, sparrowhawk,redwing,yellowhammer, and to cap it off-about a dozen white fronted geese! Not bad for walking somebody else's dog.

Nice walk today, plenty of fieldfare,several small flocks of linnets,GS Woodpecker ,red kite and buzzard inside half an hour!Then more linnets, sparrowhawk,redwing,yellowhammer, and to cap it off-about a dozen white fronted geese! Not bad for walking somebody else's dog.

Arthur were the geese local to Wetherby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back