• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mike's conservatory (1 Viewer)

I nearly swore when I saw this Mike!:-C

Brilliant! So clever!

This WIP is iconoclastic! All those human artefacts with a Little Owl using tham as a perch, and not thinking twice...astounding stuff!

Good luck on your voyage. Hope you've pre-soaked the paper. Relative humidity and all that!;)

One wonders what wonders we will have to look forward to in a month or so?!:cat:

Judging by this, we're gonna need sunglasses! :t:B :)

So here I am on the bottom of page two...

Got back from Singapore on Friday evening, still knackered from a great trip. Over 60 lifers, plus new reptiles, insects, plants, fish and even mammals. It's been like living inside a greenhouse filled with exotic beasties, something new everyday I think. A bit overwhelming to begin with, then, just when you think you're starting to get a grip on the birds you're seeing, it's time to leave.

Over 10,000 photos and vids (including a load of family/tourist stuff) to sort and catalogue plus sketches and paintings to scan and I'm back to work tomorrow :( I'll upload some bits as soon as I can, meantime there's a couple of pages of stuff to try and catch up on here and I'm still trying to find homes for all the goodies we brought back!

Mike

yet another book amongst us......? Ill wait for the pages of the sketch book first......Im thinking that He'll have enough material for a lifetime here, or untill next years trip away.....

Don't get your hopes up too much, I had no idea what I was looking at for the first week and a half!

I borrowed a portable hard drive to put my pics on but I didn't realise that it is the slowest drive in the universe. I've been copying pics of of it all day yesterday and today and I've barely made a dent yet...

I have just photographed the sketches that I did manage so should be able to upload some tonight.

Mike

So here I am on the bottom of page two...

Got back from Singapore on Friday evening, still knackered from a great trip. Over 60 lifers, plus new reptiles, insects, plants, fish and even mammals. It's been like living inside a greenhouse filled with exotic beasties, something new everyday I think. A bit overwhelming to begin with, then, just when you think you're starting to get a grip on the birds you're seeing, it's time to leave.

Over 10,000 photos and vids (including a load of family/tourist stuff) to sort and catalogue plus sketches and paintings to scan and I'm back to work tomorrow :( I'll upload some bits as soon as I can, meantime there's a couple of pages of stuff to try and catch up on here and I'm still trying to find homes for all the goodies we brought back!

Mike

Time to start a blog Mike? ;)

you write like a pro Mike, hope you are feeling better, while at your blog I signed up to follow it, so now I won't lose track...

cant wait for new sketches..

Sorry I've not got around to uploading anything yet; I've spent the last three days pretty much not moving from my sickbed. I picked up some nasty flu thing from Singapore and it's knocked me sideways a bit. Feeling 85% better now so I'm back at work and actually busy for a change.Mike

Hope its not 'Swamp Fever'.....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back