• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mike's conservatory (2 Viewers)

Great idea, mate - and what a start!!! Beautiful piece - again!

The colors in the last two 'starts' are breathtaking. It's this type of sky that makes me think I should drop everything else and paint skies(not that I could). Of course it's the dark of the bird that sets off the sky..........

These are really impressive!
The Redwing's got me feeling all 'christmasy'. This is no mean feat, especially in 'The season to be greedy'.
Perry's wonderfully done, too. Clouds look soooo easy to paint, but I bet they aren't!

Russ

Cheers all.

Here's just a little something caused by my visit to the SWLA ex this year.

'Leaving the envelope well alone'

Mike

Attachments

• leaving-the-envelope-well-alone.jpg
    leaving-the-envelope-well-alone.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 41
I sense a new period here - the redwing is top drawer - there is strength in the comp and the pattern of the bird, maybe it's a less delicate treatment, it really gives it some oomph. Love the pere skyscape.

Something about your latest, Mike, remind me of Vermeer.

And that can only be a gooood thing!

Light travels, and these pieces are light-speed wonders!

The personal portraiture studies please me no end...

Buried away on page 4.... Oh the shame!

Reports of my death however have been greatly exaggerated.

I've been terribly unproductive for a while, crap weather, big diy projects and general apathy have been to blame so I'm easing in gently and going back to square 1; I give you....

A bird on a stick!

Mike

Attachments

• robinonastick.jpg
    robinonastick.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 67
Or...a stick with a bird on it...

Both stick and bird look very fine Woody...welcome back...:t:

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

A glowing little portrait. And welcome back!

I had to think of you when I had the opportunity to sketch, briefly an Eastern Screech Owl, the other day. Where were all of Mike's field sketches of owls? They're part of spring, along with your other field sketches. Hope to see a lot of them soon. They're always a great pleasure to see.

My list of diy projects keeps piling up by the way|:(|

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back