• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amazing Kowa 613 shots (1 Viewer)

scampo said:
Just found the following site:

http://home.freeuk.net/davecurtis/texaspic/texpic1.htm

Well - looking at the quality of this guy's photos using a Kowa 613 + 20-60x zoom and Nikon CP990, I wonder why anyone pays more for a scope... Good old Kowa, eh?

I think the reason for a larger scope for digiscoping, certainly in Northern Europe, is the availabilty of good light conditions. A couple of my friends still use their Nikon ED60's when abroad, as opposed to their Swaro or Zeiss scopes. Two reasons really portabilty and the fact that most of their destinations are sunnier than the UK.

Mark

I'll second that on both counts. I just 'upgraded' from the Kowa 823 to a Swaro ATS 80 HD an to be honest the Swaro isn't that much different, in fact the Kowa to my mind wins out for digiscoping.

I have had both 60 mm and 80 mm scopes the 80's are defintiely better in our climate - even on sunny days as they let that much more light in.

C'mon Steve, 'COPYRIGHT'.
I know Dave from the old days of digiscoping, always knew how to take a good photo. Looks like he's had some real results in sunny Texas with his 613 ...and answers a few questions about that under-reviewed scope.

Andy Bright said:
C'mon Steve, 'COPYRIGHT'.
I know Dave from the old days of digiscoping, always knew how to take a good photo. Looks like he's had some real results in sunny Texas with his 613 ...and answers a few questions about that under-reviewed scope.
Erm... to quote from the website's homepage:

"The images and sounds are all copyright but feel free to use them for your own private use. The low resolution images presented here are OK for the web..."

I presumed that the mention of "OK for web" allows this kind of use. Also, I did give the weblink.

scampo said:
Erm... to quote from the website's homepage:

"The images and sounds are all copyright but feel free to use them for your own private use. The low resolution images presented here are OK for the web..."

I presumed that the mention of "OK for web" allows this kind of use. Also, I did give the weblink.
Sorry Steve, didn't see that, so I expect it's fine by Dave. I expect 'private use' is used as opposed to 'commercial use', not 'public use'...'o.k. for web' can only mean 'o.k. for web' ;)
We'd still prefer it if poster's state permission has been given to post other people's photos, even if it's visible on the site they're taken from. No problem on posting Dave's website though.

I know this thread is has long been inactive, but just in case somebody else reads it...... There is something here that nobody seems to have picked up on; something that I too have discovered, the earlier Kowa 20-60x zoom eyepiece is a cracker for DIGISCOPING! You will find load of threads on here that decry this EP's narrow field of view and dark image; this isn't entirely untrue. But try it for digiscoping between about 20x and 38x and you may be very surprised at your results!
Timedrifter

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back