• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strange warning popping up(on another forum) (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I go on a well known football forum........not as a member-just to see what's happening. I have been using it for years with no problem.
Now, whenever I click to change subjects/threads (not sure of the technical term) it hangs up and a warning box pops up that tells me........
"stop running this script-it is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. It may
cause your computer to become unresponsive"
There are 2 boxes "yes" & "no"
I click on yes i.e. 'to stop running the script' and everything is OK.
But when I change threads again the same thing happens..
Any Ideas ?
Thanks again.

Thank you for that link.
In part it says the following...........

"To have us change this time-out value in Internet Explorer versions 4.0 through 8 for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section".........

Will this stop the actual delay or just allow more time before the warning ?

Whatever "script" actually means that website must have changed it recently as it never used to happen

David, why not try a different browser and see what happens then.

There's plenty to go at... Firefox, Pale Moon, Opera, Google Chrome - all free and easy to download.

David, why not try a different browser and see what happens then.

There's plenty to go at... Firefox, Pale Moon, Opera, Google Chrome - all free and easy to download.

Right........but you must remember I am the original 'technophobe'....so.........
1) which one do you recommend ?
2) Do I have to remove the exisiting one ?
3) Will it conflict/cause any running problems ?
4) How do I download them and make them work........i.e. do I google it, then
simply download and it will automatically work ?

Thanks.

Hi David .... techophobe.... you and me both.

They're all good, all Googleable and all free and easy to download. There's no conflict with anything, you can have them all if you want. My favourite is Pale Moon, which (I think) is a stripped down version of Firefox.

You can have short cuts to all of them sitting on your desk top if you like and can switch between them at will.

I sometimes use two together, to see how page layouts in Opus look in a different browser.

Hi David
I mainly use Firefox and had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The solution was to delete either all cookies, or just the one that causes the problem. In Internet Explorer, you can clear all cookies using the info here:
http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2#ie9

Thank you............I followed that advice and (early days BUT) it seems to have worked e.g. I just tried that forum and everything worked as it should.

Confession time......I had no idea what "browser" I was using so had to google it to find out (it's I.E.8) then went from there

Hi David .... techophobe.... you and me both.

They're all good, all Googleable and all free and easy to download. There's no conflict with anything, you can have them all if you want. My favourite is Pale Moon, which (I think) is a stripped down version of Firefox.

You can have short cuts to all of them sitting on your desk top if you like and can switch between them at will.

I sometimes use two together, to see how page layouts in Opus look in a different browser.

Thanks again.......much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back