• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeding the swans at Caerlaverock (1 Viewer)

Bridie

I have been trying to remember how to attach a photo to a message, and hope that you do not mind me practicing on this one! It is not a recent photo but one that I took a month ago in Dumfries and Galloway. I do look at it often and remember how beautiful the swans and geese were. They are mostly Mute Swans in the photo but if you look carefully there are some Whooper Swans and Greylag Geese too.

Hope it works again.

Bridie

Attachments

• Feeding the swans.JPG
    Feeding the swans.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Caerlaverock2.JPG
    Caerlaverock2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi Bridie,
Yes they worked and are wonderful pictures thanks!
Nice to see Caerlaverock again too!
We were last there in April this year but have since joined the WWT so will be popping up more often now!
Best wishes,

Hi Bridie, :hi:
The swans and geese look as though they have picked a beautiful place to spend the winter months. The photos you took of them are really lovely, it is always nice to have photos to look back on after an enjoyable day out.

Different to..........

Bridie said:
I have been trying to remember how to attach a photo to a message, and hope that you do not mind me practicing on this one! It is not a recent photo but one that I took a month ago in Dumfries and Galloway. I do look at it often and remember how beautiful the swans and geese were. They are mostly Mute Swans in the photo but if you look carefully there are some Whooper Swans and Greylag Geese too.

Hope it works again.

Bridie

Hi Bridie.

What beautiful pictures, particularly the one showing someone caring. This is in distinct contrast to the moron that put a slug in the head of a Swan, near Barnsley. Local news reported on this, and showed the X-ray of the Swan's head showing the hole where the slug entered, and a slug from another attack which had been there for who knows how long. RSPCA staff said that they didn't know whether the bird would have permanent brain-damage, but in any case it would possible be kept in a sanctuary. They surmise that the very friendly Swan had been lured by an offer of bread, then shot in the back of the head at close range.
I still maintain that these loathsome idiots should have a taste of their own medicine; maybe a slug in the butt to let them know just what pain they are inflicting on defenceless creatures. No doubt the " poor misunderstood children " brigade will be out again.

Regards.
Baz.

Hi Bridie

The photos are lovely and so are the swans. They are so graceful and beautiful aren't they. |=)|

Hi Baz

I have also seen this on Look North and are disgusted by it. Again another example of horrendeous cuelty to a defencless animal. :C

And no doubt there will be more to come. :storm:

Liebchen

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back