• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

is this a starling in his winter feathers? (1 Viewer)

jo-amiga

yesterday and today this lovely little fellow has taken up residence on the table i have put right underneath the hanging fat ball, the sparrows and tits eat off the fat ball and bits drop onto the table, i did this to feed the robins as they are table feeders but now this fellow, who i think might be a starling in his winter feathers is spending hours on the table eating up the fat crumbs.
this morning he allowed me to creep up on him and get as close as 6 to 7 feet away |:d| just as well as i don`t have a zoom on my camera :C
please tell me if he is in fact a starling, i wonder because he is all alone and usually i get starlings in groups and other than him i havn`t seen a starling these last 2 days - sorry about the quality of the pic :eek!:

Attachments

• starling winter.jpg
    starling winter.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 122
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back