• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

no birds in sight (1 Viewer)

frankiex

hi we have moved from a flat into a bungalow in gilesgate durham about 4 weeks ago..all we are getting on our feeders are jackdaw and cushits..no small birds whatsoever...what is the reson for this.

Are your feeders placed near trees/bushes/shrubs for protection? It may be that it will take a little while for all the birds to be aware that your feeders are there.

Birds can take a really long time to find and then to get used to a feeder, but the ones you do have should attract the attention of others, so your work is already half done.

Speaking of lack of birds, I had occasion to discharge an air gun twice into the ground at the back of the house, done for completely non bird related reasons, I had repaired it for a friend, and since that date about a month ago, I've hardly seen a bird in my well established feeder system to this date. So don't do what I did, unless of course you're in deep wilderness or an otherwise completely airgun free zone.

But after years and years of faithful feeding, I can't help but feel a bit hurt at the lack of avian trust involved here....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back