Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Find out what Zeiss have planned at Birdfair 2017

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 22nd June 2017, 02:13   #1
chill6x6

Love watches!

I thought I'd liven up this forum a little...

I'm MOSTLY a dive watch type person.. I have several....all price ranges. All types of bands but really prefer the nato-type bands since they are easy to change out.

A couple of years ago I stumbled up a British watch brand I really like....called SCURFA. I've bought three of them and shipping to the states is fast and problem free.... On of the best inexpensive watch brands I've ever owned. This is the latest purchase:

Whatcha THINK?
Old Thursday 22nd June 2017, 14:55   #2
Torview

Hi Chuck,

There is a very similar thread running on here, but anyway I`m rocking my 1998 Dynamic today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020344.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	631401  
Old Friday 30th June 2017, 14:31   #3
PhilR.

Nice watch! Kinda reminds me of a Sinn EZM.

I also like dive watches, but find most of them have cases that are too thick for my preferences. The one I wear the most is a titanium Omega Seamaster w/blue-wave dial. If I get time this weekend, I will try to post a pic or two.
Old Wednesday 12th July 2017, 03:52   #4
St. Elmo

I always liked divers. Black face, rotating bezel, stainless and water resistant. I put a few Seiko divers and a few Invicta divers through hell while surfcasting. Yeah, things get smashed into slippery rocks in the night. The Omega Seamaster 2254.50 was a favorite for eight years (worn to office only - no surfcasting), but then it needed about 1/3 of its original cost in maintenance. Bye-bye Seamaster. Went back to Seiko SKX175 with a replacement Oyster bracelet. Not as accurate, but a tough watch.
Old Friday 14th July 2017, 13:57   #5
chill6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR. View Post
Nice watch! Kinda reminds me of a Sinn EZM.

I also like dive watches, but find most of them have cases that are too thick for my preferences. The one I wear the most is a titanium Omega Seamaster w/blue-wave dial. If I get time this weekend, I will try to post a pic or two.
Thanks! Where's the picture? I have an Omega Seamaster...dress watch. I hardly wear it but I really like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Elmo View Post
I always liked divers. Black face, rotating bezel, stainless and water resistant. I put a few Seiko divers and a few Invicta divers through hell while surfcasting. Yeah, things get smashed into slippery rocks in the night. The Omega Seamaster 2254.50 was a favorite for eight years (worn to office only - no surfcasting), but then it needed about 1/3 of its original cost in maintenance. Bye-bye Seamaster. Went back to Seiko SKX175 with a replacement Oyster bracelet. Not as accurate, but a tough watch.
The Seiko's ARE hard to beat.. You reminded me I needed to post a picture...2nd generation Orange Monster I wore birding...looks like June 24th!

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: