• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2016 List Going? (1 Viewer)

Had one bird today, and it was not new for the year. But white-faced ibis made my county bird 200 so worth celebrating.

After a week in Falsterbo, SW Sweden, the fllowing have been added to my yearlist:

283 Jack Snipe
284 Pomarine Skua
285 Spotted Nutcracker

286 Eurasian Jay
287 Common Stonechat
288 Arctic Tern
289 Bar Tailed Godwit
290 Black Kite
291 Common Pheasant
292 Corn Bunting
293 European Golden Plover
294 European Goldfinch
295 Great Black Backed Gull
296 Grey Plover
297 Honey Buzzard
298 Little Ringed Plover
299 Merlin
300 Pink Footed Goose
301 Red Knot
302 Woodlark

One new bird this morning puts me at 225 for the year.

225. Sora

A few minutes after seeing the Sora, I found a Marsh Wren. It was my 202nd species seen in Preston County this year. That breaks last year's record and I still have three months to go in the year. Also, that is more than anyone has ever seen in a year in any county in West Virginia all time.

Dave

I've not updated in a while. Had a few extra birds this autumn, but I've not had much birding time unfortunately. The first two were on Gotland in mid September, the others on Björn, a small island off the Uppland coast at the end of September.

325. Merlin
326. Grey Plover
327. Arctic Skua
328. Razorbill
329. Black Guillemot
330. Great Grey Shrike
331. Long-tailed Duck
332. Yellow-browed Warbler
333. Velvet Scoter
334. Red Knot
335. Jack Snipe

Dipped a Siberian Accentor today on Björn. But picked up a couple of birds that I thought I had missed for the year. Both are very late for Sweden.

336. Eurasian Golden Oriole
337. Red-breasted Flycatcher

The Oriole was a Swedish lifer too. It was bizarre to see it in the same tree as a flock of Waxwings!

Went to the eastern panhandle this morning to chase a western hummingbird that has been coming to a feeder. After three hours it showed nicely.

227. Rufous Hummingbird

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back