• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Beachy

I've recently got into digiscoping & I would now like to take the leap from using it in auto mode & into manual.

I have a Swarovski STS 65 HD with a 20-60mm zoom eyepiece, a Canon EOS 700D & a Swarovski TLS APO Digital Camera Adapter.

I'm not having much luck in getting good quality images. Can someone tell me where to start, whats the best mode to have the camera on etc

Thanks in advance.

Hi Beachy,
Maybe you already know by now, but it is best to set your camera to 'aperture priority'. ISO at 400 or even 800. That's necessary to get enough shutter speed. Use manual focus. Then you only need to focus your telescope - with the camera in place- and not the camera. Use a stable tripod.

Jan

I've recently got into digiscoping & I would now like to take the leap from using it in auto mode & into manual.

I have a Swarovski STS 65 HD with a 20-60mm zoom eyepiece, a Canon EOS 700D & a Swarovski TLS APO Digital Camera Adapter.

I'm not having much luck in getting good quality images. Can someone tell me where to start, whats the best mode to have the camera on etc

Thanks in advance.

Can you post a photo of your setup and a typical photo that you are not happy with and we should be able to give you some advice.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back