• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Luyi Spotting Scope and Olympus C-765 (1 Viewer)

I've just recently acquired a Luyi Spotting Scope from a seller on Ebay The scope itself is quite good. It's 25-115X80 with angled eye piece. Obviously the more zoom you use the darker the image.
My problem is apart from a universal adapter (which I don't think will work) I can't find any other adapter that might fit my camera which is an Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom. It has one of those lenses that pops out when you switch it on. It's also not flush to start with so when extended it protrudes over 5cm's from the body of the camera.
Does anyone know of an adapter that would suite my camera or know of a camera that is better suited? :h?:

Dylan999 said:
I've just recently acquired a Luyi Spotting Scope from a seller on Ebay The scope itself is quite good. It's 25-115X80 with angled eye piece. Obviously the more zoom you use the darker the image.
My problem is apart from a universal adapter (which I don't think will work) I can't find any other adapter that might fit my camera which is an Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom. It has one of those lenses that pops out when you switch it on. It's also not flush to start with so when extended it protrudes over 5cm's from the body of the camera.
Does anyone know of an adapter that would suite my camera or know of a camera that is better suited? :h?:
I doubt very much a camera with that magnification would be workable for digi-scoping of any kind afaik.

As Henry said, it is generally true that super-zooms make poor digiscoping cameras. Their lenses are too big in diameter to match up with the eyepieces on most scopes. I know that my Olympus C-750 is not useful for digiscoping, and I doubt if the C-765 is either. You need a point-and-shoot. I think if you do some searching on this forum you can find many threads with essentially the same advice (this question gets asked about once a month), but you might find some additional info.

hello there i have just recieved my universal adapter off the internet.
it works a treat, now i bought a samsung s1050 digital camera 3years ago.
it has 10,1 megapixel, 3inch lcd screen,and has 5xzoom,this is the camera that you need, because it is easy to use, takes fantastic pictures,and it also
does video as well,i have just taken up digiscoping, and will be getting my new scope, wich funny enough is the same one as you have got, take my word this samsung s1050 camera is fantastic,it took me ten minutes to set
up with the adapter, i am using my old scope which is only 60x60, not an 80mm,anyway if you get this camera,you will not be sorry at all, ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back