• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED78 Fieldscope Stay-on Case (1 Viewer)

amh2029

Some of us will no doubt have taken advantage of the great Warehouse Express discount on the ED78 fieldscope. Contrary to popular belief a stay-on case IS available, priced at £69.99. I contacted Nikon services support (0870 770 0232) and they gave me the following product codes:
angled lens BDB90091
straight lens BDB90090

Your local camera shop should be able to order this for you.

I ordered mine from Gray's of London (02078284925) and it should be with me next week.
Andrew

Thanks for posting, Andrew...

I'll hang fire for now, but if you would like to post your opinions on it when you receive yours?

A tad late, I've just ordered a Vue-Thru one from the good ol' US of A which should be here "in a few days" ? Cost $80 approx including P&P. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it (would have preferred to order a 'real' Nikon one though).

Just checked the website again and it is a real Nikon! at least the picture of it has Nikon on it. B :)

Last edited:
Sorry People,

I have just sent private messages to you all asking how the covers were.

The excitement of you confirming that there was a cover for the ED78 scope caused me to take your joining dates as the dates that you posted.

I am eagerly awaiting your replies.

Best wishes

Gordon

amh2029 said:
Some of us will no doubt have taken advantage of the great Warehouse Express discount on the ED78 fieldscope. Contrary to popular belief a stay-on case IS available, priced at £69.99. I contacted Nikon services support (0870 770 0232) and they gave me the following product codes:
angled lens BDB90091
straight lens BDB90090

Your local camera shop should be able to order this for you.

I ordered mine from Gray's of London (02078284925) and it should be with me next week.
Andrew

:C
Grrr, the case arrived today and guess what - it's a 60mm fieldscope III case. The nikon person I contacted last week gave me incorrect information. I am now assured that there is NO case for the ED78, and probably never was. I am returning the redundant (doubly redundant as I already have one for my own fieldscope III scope!) FIII case back from whence it came. Apologies to all for getting your hopes up!

Andrew

Hello.

Thats just what I wa about to post about.
I enquired about these partnumbers with Viking Optical, they said

Hi

============================================

Unfortunately there is not a stay on case for the ed78 scope, part number BDB90090 is for a Nikon fieldscope 3 60mm

Sorry I cannot be of any more assistance.

Regards

Paul Turrell

============================================

However! I live in vain hope as I have a 'vue-thru' case for ED78 ordered via a dealer in USA.

We'll see.

Regards

Ant

Nick-on said:
A tad late, I've just ordered a Vue-Thru one from the good ol' US of A which should be here "in a few days" ? Cost $80 approx including P&P. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it (would have preferred to order a 'real' Nikon one though).

Hi

From where did you order your case??

Regards

Ant

Hello people without stay-on/vue-thru ED78 cases.

I have just mangaged to get a refund from www.cambridgeworld.com who 'LIED' to me about having them in stock. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE U.S FRAUDSTERS! They do not reply to e-mails etc. etc. etc.

I've still got one possible States-side glimmer of hope left though.

Regards

Ant

ed78user said:
Hello people without stay-on/vue-thru ED78 cases.

I have just mangaged to get a refund from www.cambridgeworld.com who 'LIED' to me about having them in stock. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THESE U.S FRAUDSTERS! They do not reply to e-mails etc. etc. etc.

Regards

Ant

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me at all. I recommend anyone thinking of ordering from any US mail order photo store check out the reviews here first:

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

Hi
I got the Nikon ED 78 from warehouse express about 2 weeks ago and I had the case
be longing to the opticron ES 80 GA and it fits ok but its a bit of trouble getting to the focus ring.
Regards Stan

cheers for that Stan

could you make an incision into the case to access the focus better?

...and ain't it a fantastic scope.....and at that price it's unbelievable. As good as anything else available at fixed 30 mag for me!

www.binoculars.com say they have the Ed78 vue-thru case on backorder from Nikon.

HOWEVER I have found 'one' and it is currently 'winging' its little flappy way over from the States.

Here's what I got yesterday by way of electronic mail
=====================

Everything went through just fine and it will go out in tomorrow's post. It is being sent Airmail Parcel Post and should be there within a week or so. This is the soft, vue thru case for your scope. Shipping was $25, and your card was billed $50.80. Thank you for your order and we are happy to get this done for you.

=====================

He confirmed it was for ED78. This case 'fitted' both angled and straight scopes. I say 'fitted' because he only had the one which is why it only cost me $25 for the case.

Anyway hopefully Nick-on will get his case soon from binoculars.com and open up a way of getting them for more people.

I'll post again with pic's when I receive mine.

Regards

Ant

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back