• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 DI IF VC USD (2 Viewers)

That was an interesting read, was thinking about one of these lenses. Minds made up I'm going to get one, currently I'm using a sigma 170-500 non stabilised, this is not easy to use when using bigger zooming.

Got a few other lenses including a 70-200 canon prime L series which is great. Also using a canon eos 760d, fantastic camera..

Sent mine to Tamron UK last week. Had it upgraded and returned within three days. Excellent service. They also checked it over and cleaned it etc.

Hi there - Birdstrike - can you tell me the process you went through to get the lens upgraded. Did you have to pay? And how did you sent the lens?

Thanks.

Am waching this thread with interest. I'm trying to buy a canon zoom 100-400 or at worse a 400mm 5.6. There are some good deals about but have decided will have to wait until after xmas. Then I come across this lens! Its retailing in France at 1100€.

I'm worried because I have an old sigma APO lens (works in AP only) and the results aren't brilliant. I have a cheaper than cheap tamron 70-300 which I use in preference. I also tried the canon 300mm f4 which I really enjoyed but feel that, whilst a jump in quality, just lacks a bit of umph.

Then I see some of the pictures on here and start thinking maybe this is the way forward... I'm never going to be a professional photographer but I need camera for record shots but also I want decent shots - I owe it to the birds I see. I'm using a canon 60d.

I need someone to push me or not...

I've decided against getting the tamron after a lot of research, i went and bought a canon 100-400 mk2 instead, it's fantastic. Will get some pictures posted when i have time. Also getting a Canon extender 1.4mk3 for my Christmas from my wife.

I've decided against getting the tamron after a lot of research, i went and bought a canon 100-400 mk2 instead, it's fantastic. Will get some pictures posted when i have time. Also getting a Canon extender 1.4mk3 for my Christmas from my wife.

I can't afford the mk2 and not sure about the pump action mk1... Seen the Tamron at 850€ new with 5 year warranty - cheapest mk2 is 1900€. Cheapest 400mm 5.6 2nd hand at 500€....

I can't afford the mk2 and not sure about the pump action mk1... Seen the Tamron at 850€ new with 5 year warranty - cheapest mk2 is 1900€. Cheapest 400mm 5.6 2nd hand at 500€....

A friend of mine has the mk1 and gets fantastic results, theres not much dust in the lens either.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back