• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7dmk2 or canon 5dmk3 (1 Viewer)

Not much issues with the high ISO department with 7D2, you will be pleased with it... if you are considering 5D3, have you thought about 1D4?

Or wait till summer when 1DxII announced and available, price of 1Dx will drop further...

There's always something better around the corner :)
I've been looking at Mike aitkensin's stuff and he gets marvellous shots from a 5d mk2. That would certainly be cheaper and it seems good enough for him!

If reach is the main issue then the 7DII is great. If you want to shoot in low light the 5D3 or 1DX are the best options. I think as you have the 7D, adding a second body in the form of the 5D3 makes a lot of sense and change the 7D to the 7DII when funds allow. I've had 2 camera bodies for the last year and have made a lot of shots I'd have otherwise missed because of it.

After all the advice I've gone for the 7dmk2 as I feel it's going to be best for me.
Thanks for all the help and I apologise for all the bad weather that will arrive next weekend.

After all the advice I've gone for the 7dmk2 as I feel it's going to be best for me.
Thanks for all the help and I apologise for all the bad weather that will arrive next weekend.

I hope you will be happy with the 7D2. Although I have had mine for over 2 months I have had few opportunities to use it! However it seems to be shaping up well so far. The AF is very good (not far behind my 1DX), IQ seems very good especially for APSC and the ISO performance is better than I expected. So overall it's a rather nice wildlife camera at a VERY (if you hunt around) reasonable price.
As of yesterday I added a the BG-E16 battery grip - a bit expensive but very solid! Previously I have been rather disappointed with Canon battery grips but Canon have stepped up a notch or two with this one. For a start it has a metal frame and is MUCH more rigid, so no floppy droops when you mount the camera (rather than the lens) on a tripod. The buttons are much better too duplicating the feel of their equivalents on the camera body. It also gives a nice heft to the 7D2 as I was afraid that it might float away when changing lenses! I think I have been using 1 series lead bricks too much8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back