• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (1 Viewer)

Okay...i did say that this was a quick quiz....another clue....;)

ps...'Birdyboy' Ads was interested in seeing these creatures....so i happened to have been digging around thru some of my foreign travel 'stuff'.....and saw that my photos needed 'work' doing to them!

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.jpg
    007 - Copy.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 89
Another image...[again..not distorted in any unnatural way]....it is just the pure effect of the water rolling off this beast..! Eyes may be drawn towards the more dolphin-like profile on the raising swell towards right of picture...[however..if you look to left of picture...you will see the piercing dark eye]!

Attachments

• 009 - Copy.jpg
    009 - Copy.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 91
Watching this thread with interest; liking :t:

Agree with Tim and Nick re the Skua, although I think it a slight shame it got morphed into an upside-down Hoopoe - the original is far too worthy on its own. (Also gettting a worrying feeling from the following images in post 29 - look more like scary porkers (animal farm nightmare?) to me ...!! )

Some captivating images at any rate .. the earlier owls especially ;)

Before you leave owls for waters totally new, I have one 'altered' image if you would like/don't mind that I post?? ... (not quite in the same vein, or quality, but hey ... ;) )

Dan

Cool Great White pics User......looks like we'll be heading there September-ish....as to the the previous postings...cool! Loved the original pencil skua - who'd've thought you had talent eh???? ha ha ;) Did you really draw the wrinkly old dude too???

Watching this thread with interest; liking :t:

Agree with Tim and Nick re the Skua, although I think it a slight shame it got morphed into an upside-down Hoopoe - the original is far too worthy on its own. (Also gettting a worrying feeling from the following images in post 29 - look more like scary porkers (animal farm nightmare?) to me ...!! )

Some captivating images at any rate .. the earlier owls especially ;)

Before you leave owls for waters totally new, I have one 'altered' image if you would like/don't mind that I post?? ... (not quite in the same vein, or quality, but hey ... ;) )

Dan

Scary porkers...? [chuckle]....tis all in the eye of the beholder this 'art-lark' Danthe!...and actually...it's all part of the interest, to me anyway, how folk interpret images....etc...
All good fun...and speaking of which..please do feel free to contribute with any images...or comments...that you might have....more the merrier!

Cool Great White pics User......looks like we'll be heading there September-ish....as to the the previous postings...cool! Loved the original pencil skua - who'd've thought you had talent eh???? ha ha ;) Did you really draw the wrinkly old dude too???

Great stuff Ads...roll on September-ish eh?....[dam...whenever i think of great whites i just wanna go back there]. Try and leave a few open windows..[so to speak]...regards dates on which to go sharking in South Africa. Can be a bit like organizing pelagics...all weather dependent...[when we went the sharky bloke told us that the previous week bad weather had scuppered some folks trips]...!
Guaranteed you will run out of superlatives if you clap eyes on Jaws!!....i was on cloud nine..[possibly even cloud ten]!...after the 'experience'...

ps...yes..i did draw the wrinkly old bloke;)...in carandache...[have i spelt that right]?...i could even show you a self portrait o mine....but i won't...because it will look tooo frightening...perhaps i will draw myself with a bag on me head....B :)

That face was damned good mate, really!! Never been good at people, especially when it came to adding colour to the portrait...top stuff! Sharks have me a-drooling already!

what a pleasure User - keep 'em coming

watch your timings Ads- I believe GWS get harder to connect with from Sept- still there, but closer inshore in murkier water rather than concentrated around the seal buffet

Glad that you are enjoying the images Ed...! That is good to know...as at times i do think...'how the heck are folk going to react to this sort of stuff'..?
I will keep mixing and matching my postings...maybe some more 'old originals'...maybe just landscape type photos...[which i love]...i may even bung up a few old pen and ink cartoons that i used to do!

As i've been a tad busy today and well away from a PC...i haven't had a chance to do anything new as such. Tho....keeping in 'quiz mode' for a bit i have just remembered an image i made a few days ago. Tis an 'enhanced' photo' image taken in Peru...[and actually there is a bird in it]...!
It was a terrible photo taken thru me scope using my mobile phone...and instead of deleting it i decided to have a bit of fun with it to see 'what happened'.....

ps...no-one will guess what the bird is i'm fairly sure!....[if they do then i will award a non-existent prize].....

pps...have you seen GWS Ed...?

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 121
For bird fans who don't like the subjects distorted in any way;)....here's a few pieces of artwork concerning 'Groundrollers'.....[fantastic birds...not that i've seen 'em]...just a bit expensive to visit their native country !

ps...forgive the dusty appearance of images....they are all on one 'plate' and behind glass....[has hung on my wall now n again]...but i get bored so i stick picture away somewhere...[perhaps i think that like a 'wine'...it will improve with age]...;)

Attachments

• 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 002 - Copy.jpg
    002 - Copy.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 005 - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 105
  • 006 - Copy.jpg
    006 - Copy.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 93
what a pleasure User - keep 'em coming

watch your timings Ads- I believe GWS get harder to connect with from Sept- still there, but closer inshore in murkier water rather than concentrated around the seal buffet

Cheers Ed, jus looked at a couple of operators and they had end of Sept as the last 'good' time to see them...will check deeper!

ps...no-one will guess what the bird is i'm fairly sure!....[if they do then i will award a non-existent prize].....

S'easy! Diademed Sandpiper-Plover thingy innit?!

Nice stuff user...I had you down as more of a "dot-to-dot" man when it came to art!!

...it's all just Gonzo really...

McMadd

Glad that you are enjoying the images Ed...! That is good to know...as at times i do think...'how the heck are folk going to react to this sort of stuff'..?
I will keep mixing and matching my postings...maybe some more 'old originals'...maybe just landscape type photos...[which i love]...i may even bung up a few old pen and ink cartoons that i used to do!

As i've been a tad busy today and well away from a PC...i haven't had a chance to do anything new as such. Tho....keeping in 'quiz mode' for a bit i have just remembered an image i made a few days ago. Tis an 'enhanced' photo' image taken in Peru...[and actually there is a bird in it]...!
It was a terrible photo taken thru me scope using my mobile phone...and instead of deleting it i decided to have a bit of fun with it to see 'what happened'.....

pps...have you seen GWS Ed...?

Collared Dove perched on an Aspidistra??;);)

S'easy! Diademed Sandpiper-Plover thingy innit?!

Nice stuff user...I had you down as more of a "dot-to-dot" man when it came to art!!

...it's all just Gonzo really...

McMadd

Cheers MaddMark..!;)

I do actually have some images..[ink stuff]...that are purely..'dots'...chuckle!

As for the 'guess' of Diademed Plover....keep 'pressing n guessin'....it's a good guess...but not right...! [neither is 'collared dove' Adey]!

ps....Mr.McMadd.....if you go to Rutty birdfair next year get 'Rockfowl' Mark to tell you about my artistic tendencies.....[who knows....maybe i'll stick some of my bizarre images on T-shirts just to see if there are folk 'out there' warped enuff to wear 'em]....;)

pps...Rockfowl is currently looking...[or rather hoping]...to see giant pitta in Thailand at mo....[he's doin well with some pitta species...but still not seen the jolly 'giant']...!

I said it was a crap photo.....! [That's why i turned it into 'Least Seedsnipe by Moonlight]...;)

[Quizzes to one side]!....here's an interesting image....'constructed' from some original artwork of mine last night......

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 109
Kingfisher images....

image one: original artwork...
image two: morph of original...
image three: a belted kingfisher 'cocktail' design from my artwork....[chuckle]!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 008 - Copy 1.jpg
    008 - Copy 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 115
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back