• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some fild sketchs. My first post. (1 Viewer)

YM Chen

Dear all. It's been a great pleasure to find you all here. I'll be glad to share some of my field sketchs with you, and would like to receive your comments on my firt post. Thanks!
att. A Muntjac, Indian Black-eagle, and Blue Magpies.

Attachments

• S8.jpg
    S8.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 65
  • S21.jpg
    S21.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 99
  • S22.jpg
    S22.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
These are fantastic!
I couldn't say that I have favourites..Everyone of them is unique!
Please post more ...

A warm welcome!!

Paschalis

I am always amazed at the amount of talent I see in the wildlife art section of the Forum. I wish I had one tenth your talent.

Dear all. It's been a great pleasure to find you all here. I'll be glad to share some of my field sketchs with you, and would like to receive your comments on my firt post. Thanks!
att. A Muntjac, Indian Black-eagle, and Blue Magpies.

ooh- they are really good! some very quality shape and light on the eagle and magpies

The eagle is a female. She perched near the nest and was calling her mate to take her place of incubating. Every time I watch the sketch it will always brings me back to the wonderful moment, I'll say this is the magic of a field study, isn't it?
another quick study of Grey-chinned Minivet, that I made it from a hight tower in a dense forest.

Attachments

• S9.jpg
    S9.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Welcome to the ArtForum, YM Chen - glad you have found us down here. These are superb works; the direct observation flows through the strong and accurate drawing - the colourwork is subtle and depicts form and light perfectly. Terrific work - really looking forward to seeng more of your work here. Splendid!

Welcome to the ArtForum, YM Chen - glad you have found us down here. These are superb works; the direct observation flows through the strong and accurate drawing - the colourwork is subtle and depicts form and light perfectly. Terrific work - really looking forward to seeng more of your work here. Splendid!

Hi there, I'll echo that!
It's always great to see inspiring 'from life' artwork like this. Very subtle but really effective mix of intense colour and black and white - very clever.
I see many wonderful things this way a heading!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back