• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (10 Viewers)

Holme NOA sea watch today 0805-1105
Bonxie 35 west
Arctic skua 2
Manx 4
RTDiver 15
Gannet 250+
Auk sp 12
Little tern 1
I dipped on the Leach's seen a bit further down the beach :-(
I also had a probable LTSkua juv.....rakish, grey toned, lots of body and tail behind the slim wings, paler rump but it was a l-o-n-g way out.

Todays highlights

Pectoral sandpiper - juv on fresh marsh early morning only
Jack snipe - 1 on fresh marsh feeding in dock near Parrinder Hide but very elusive
Spoonbill - 6 on fresh marsh
Red crested pochard - female on East Trail
Turtle dove - 1 feeding on fresh marsh mid afternoon
Little stint - 1 on fresh marsh
Spotted redshank - 1 on fresh marsh
Great skua - 7 west 10-11am

Paul
Is it ok with you if I record this turtle dove sighting on Operation Turtle Dove please!

A good day

Alison and I went to Holme where we connected with Stuart and Rob and the Barred Warbler.

Then to Titchwell where the Pec Sand didn't show for us but a Water Rail put on a nice show in the sunshine. The Parrinder Hide is growing on me - perhaps the windows being open in the warm weather has a lot to do wih it.

A Chinese Water Deer on Thornham Marsh showed well - it had a distinctive torn ear.

Attachments

• Barred Warbler 120919 IMG_9420 Web.jpg
    Barred Warbler 120919 IMG_9420 Web.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Water Rail 120919 IMG_9615 Web.jpg
    Water Rail 120919 IMG_9615 Web.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Chinese Water Deer 120919 IMG_9482 Web.jpg
    Chinese Water Deer 120919 IMG_9482 Web.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 78
Alison and I went to Holme where we connected with Stuart and Rob and the Barred Warbler.

Then to Titchwell where the Pec Sand didn't show for us but a Water Rail put on a nice show in the sunshine. The Parrinder Hide is growing on me - perhaps the windows being open in the warm weather has a lot to do wih it.

A Chinese Water Deer on Thornham Marsh showed well - it had a distinctive torn ear.

Good to meet you today Dave! :t:

Bairds at Titchwell

Anyone know anything the report that has just come on the pager from this morning? Nothing reported in the sightings book or to any staff or volunteers...
Paul

I am not on fb Stu, I assume it us dated correctly? Why no report, frustrating I have been in the office all day!

Yes photographed today, superb close up image !

I'm sure Rob won't mind me posting his image here

Attachments

• 538779_10151455091523849_253232743_n.jpg
    538779_10151455091523849_253232743_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Titchwell September 20th

Today’s highlights

Pectoral sandpiper – 1 on fresh marsh although elusive
Spoonbill – 8 on fresh marsh
Curlew sandpiper – 2 juv on fresh marsh
Red necked grebe – 1 offshore