• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 20x60 PCF V (1 Viewer)

Scott67

Exhausted !
Just spotted a (New) pair of Pentax 20x60 PCF V at a local branch of Jacobs.
Any thoughts ?
Now I can appreciate that 20x60 is far to much to hand hold, but tripod mounted might not be too bad, exit pupil is still 3 so light intake should be reasonableish,
Price is £180.00
Worth a gamble?

PS already have a nice pair of Opticron 8x42's so the above would complement them sort of.

Cheers all

Editing time !

Just found them on Amazon at £136.60 with free postage, might take the plunge, I can always use them for a little light Astronomy

Last edited:
This is a pretty old posting, but I'm new to this forum, so I figured I'd stick my 2 cents worth in. I have Pentax 16x60 PCF WP (like the V model, but waterproof). They're very nice, although they have a pretty narrow field of view, even for such high-powered binocs. The 16 and 20s both weigh the same. I find that I can hand-hold them pretty well for a few minutes. The minumum focusing on the 20s is 26 feet (30 feet on the 16s), so that is kind of a negative, although you usually would use such binocs on far-away objects anyway.

I like these porro-prism PCF models from Pentax a lot. I also have the 8x40 PCF V model and they're very nice and reasonably priced too. Great eye relief on ALL the PCF models.

Did take the plunge after all, however the 16x60's RAH mentioned are down to £130.00 on Amazon add in about £10 for the tripod adaptor and it still seems a lot cheaper than a 60mm scope, and you can use both eyes too !!
not bad for Nitrogen filled waterproof bino's with field flattened eye pieces, pity about the minimum short distance though.

Still they are reaaaalllly good for Astronomy, but thats a different subject...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back