• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery opinions ?? (1 Viewer)

Simmo1111

Hi all,

Getting back to my FZ28 ..

According to the manual, if I,m not using the camera its better to remove the battery. This leaves me thinking that although this does seem to be a safer option it also means that if I spot something in my garden I have to first, fit the battery and hope that my subject is stiull loitering patiently while I sort myself out.

Does anyone have any thoughts on either removing the battery or just leaving it in the camera ?

I can obviously understand Panasonic recommending this if only to cover themselves.

Best wishes.

Dave

If you use the camera monthly, leave the batteries in. If you know it will be a year, take it out.

Niels

If you use the camera monthly, leave the batteries in. If you know it will be a year, take it out.

Niels

That probably sums it up nicely. Thus no problem to leave it in unused for a few months for sure.

Another recommendation is to have a spare battery that you keep fully charged and have ready to exchange it when needed. Particularly if you like to keep your camera in continuous focus mode as I do. But this recommendation is not for the occasional picture you might take. Though with these handy cameras one is tempted to use them more often, of course. ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back