• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magic Arm (1 Viewer)

IvanCavallazzi

Does anyone here uses that superclamp+magic arm manfrotto combination.

I was thinking in using it as a support for the Camera and for a 65 scope.

I was wondering... in the paper it looks like an interesting and small back-packable alternative for tripods.

I was wondering if a superclamp + magic arm + fluidhead-rc2 combination would replace the need for walking around with tripods.

(I often leave home just with the camera in my backpack... leaving the tripod and the big binos at home. In the end I feel like they are being wasted.)

Any advice, hints or opinions about that arm would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone here uses that superclamp+magic arm manfrotto combination.

I was thinking in using it as a support for the Camera and for a 65 scope.

I was wondering... in the paper it looks like an interesting and small back-packable alternative for tripods.

I was wondering if a superclamp + magic arm + fluidhead-rc2 combination would replace the need for walking around with tripods.

(I often leave home just with the camera in my backpack... leaving the tripod and the big binos at home. In the end I feel like they are being wasted.)

Any advice, hints or opinions about that arm would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Just to add. I am talking about this:

http://www.manfrotto.com/product/0/143/_/Magic_Arm_Kit

(But ignore the camera bracket and put a 0.7kg fluid head with rc2 on top of the arm with the superclamp)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back