• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

first digiscoping pics (1 Viewer)

max

hello to all i joined the the forum to get info on camers, scopes and digiscoping in general about 2 months age last since then ive got me self a es80 ga i already had a fuji 304 not very good for scoping so i got me self a nikon 4500 about a week ago then on friday got the adapter
today done my first shots at home despite the weather being dull today here on the norfolk/suffolk border i was happy with the pics but would like some input from people who now more than me. 1 pic
many thanks max

Attachments

• starling 2.jpg
    starling 2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 336
Hi Max! Considering the dreary day you had, I would consider this a great success for your first outing with your new setup. Far crisper than my first attempt. It would be nice if the face was a bit hightlighted to see the starling's eye but you might try playing with that in an imaging program. For right out of the camera I give this a thumbs up.

Max,that is a lovely clear pic.As KC mentioned a little sharpening in an imaging prog would brighten it up a little.Most digi pics have to brightened up a little.The auto enhancer should do it okay.Hope to see some more from you soon.

A very good effort for starting off - plenty of sharpness and the focus spot on. I hope you don't mind, but I had a quick fiddle simply lightening the shot and a bit of unsharp mask and then removing the chromatic aberration in the second shot. CA will often be a problem when taking photos of darkish subjects against bright backgrounds. I find that having the sun behind me certainly helps reduce it's effect.

Attachments

• starling 2a.jpg
    starling 2a.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 255
  • starling 2aa.jpg
    starling 2aa.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 253
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back