Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 17th October 2012, 07:11   #1
brd

Worth it? Galaxe 520mm for Canon 450D

I got the specs today for what connecting my 450 D to this (http://www.galuxe.com.tw/telescope_GS520_802.html) would give me: Equivalent Focal Length of 832mm/F8.4 (according to the guy in the shop). I would run me about $500 US or slightly less for the scope, adaptors, and a nice tripod, as he said he could bundle them and give me a discount (still waiting on the firm numbers).

That focal length is a little longer than I was expecting, and the f-stop seems a low, but I've never digiscoped. Does that seem par for the course?
Old Wednesday 17th October 2012, 11:05   #2
Paul Corfield

The focal length of the scope is 520mm and you are arriving at 832mm by adding in the crop factor of the camera. The true focal lenght is still 520mm though. The camera just crops the image so that it looks like a photo taken with a 832mm lens. Don't know anything about the scope so you can only go by the few photos on the web taken with it.

Paul.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: