• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digi pictures (1 Viewer)

Heathy

I have recently got a basic Digi camera for Xmas and have tried taking the odd bird photo through the scope with not very good results. I have to hold the camera just of the scope and almost hover whilst taking pictures. Without spending money is there any easy objects that i could use to help my pictures out.

Marc Heath

Hi Marc,
I'm presuming this is a very basic digicam with no option of attaching anything in front of the lens via thread on lens or an adapter that allows add-on lenses or filters to be placed in front of the lens.

If your camera has a tripod socket on the underside, you can try to make a support bracket to hold your camera up to the scope eyepiece.... a strip of aluminium carpet threshold used to work for me. You drill a hole in one end of the strip so that you can sandwich this strip between tripod head and scope... a hole (or better still, a long slot) can be made at the other end of the strip so you can attach your camera to it via a tripod screw. You'll need to bend the aluminium strip to get your camera lens in place.

This costs next to nothing (and looks it!) but you can purchase support brackets from various companies...try eagleeyeuk.com or srbfilm.co.uk
Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back