• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digi-scoping Concerns! (1 Viewer)

Hi,

After a day out with my equipment, including the LCE adapter and Generic Shutter release arm, ive returned with a couple of concerns.

First one, is regarding the shutter release cable (Jessops) I find it quite a struggle getting it to screw into the EagleEye Generic Shutter arm, and can see problems with cross-threading occuring pretty soon, if not already. Does anyone have any experience of this and suggestions for dealing with it? Am i best really going for it and using pliers to force the cable into the Generic arm, leaving it permanently attached? (Not really checked the full condition since getting back)

My other concern is regarding the LCE adapter. Ive noticed that very fine particles of aluminium from the adapter lie on the cp4500 lens when i take it off. I worry that these may cause scratches on the lens. Whats the best way of dealing with this issue?

Any ideas for the above will be gratefully received........... :t:

thanks

tracker

Hi Tracker,

As regards the LCE adapter, I'd give the lens surface a good blowing to get the dust off folowed by a very gentle wiping. I didn't have this problem, but it may be a good idea to give the adapter threads a good wipe over before reattaching it. I just leave the adapter permanently attached to the camera.

Likewise with the cable release on the Generic Shutter Release arm. I screwed it on real tight when I first got it and have never removed it since. Now if it was the Jessops one you'd got, that is made of plastic and strips real easy.

Yes,Tracker,I leave all extras in place,the adaptor I never remove,the threads seem quite flimsy,but seem to be firm once attached,so do not want to wear out the threads by keep unscrewing all the time.I also have another good reason why I leave things attached I am very prone to cross threading on screws !!.I also leave the remote attached,again saves wear and tear.I do not use the Nikon case,but a larger Lowepro type bag,into which the camera plus attachment drops in,and spare batteries,cards,lcd shield,eveything all in one place.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ian and Christine.
I only wish i had waited before buying the Lowepro D-Res 30AW bag now, cos that just wont hold the CP4500 with accessories still attached.

Thanks again,

tracker

Tracker,the bag I use for the 4500 is a Wynnster.It is slightly longer,and not as tall as the Lowepro,that was a freebie with Birdwatch subs,but is the right size for the Fuji camera as it is a bigger camera.But this Wynnster bag is very roomy with lots of compartments and holds the camera plus all extras with no trouble and room to spare.Also a light bag.

I use the D-Res 30 AW Lowe Pro and everything fits in like a glove with the adapter and shutter release bracket / cable attached - plus spare CF card and spare battery.

I like it as it fits snuggly as a waste belt pack and has a built in waterproof cover - just in case.

Last edited:
There you go Tracker.

It's a snug fit at first but once the new bag 'gives' a little, everything slots in nicely.

Attachments

• Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 172.jpg
    Picture 172.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 216
Thanks Ian, for the piccies. I did already believe you, ya know!......... ;)

I did wonder about the dust cover for the cp4500. Do you not bother to have that on?

Thanks,

tracker

I used to put the lens dust cover on and then used to put a plastic lens hood over the last adapter, but nowadays I never bother with either. By leaving the adapter in place there is no chance of fingers or anything else coming into contact with the camera lens and a year on, the lens is still unmarked - so it works for me.

Hey good point, regarding the avoidance of finger marks. I may give it a try.

Ian, im grateful for your patience with me regarding these issues. Thanks a bunch!....... :t:

Btw....You missed your 'un-deliberate' (or was it deliberate?) pun about the shower proof cover 'just in case'......(thats just where it is, isnt it?.......It is pretty useful)....... ;)

tracker

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back