Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 1st November 2012, 22:13   #1
Fatboywez

New to digiscoping, can anyone help please

I have had my scope for a while now and want to start using it to take pics.
The scope I have is a Acuter ST 16-48x65A. My question is what sort of features on a compact camera should I look for and how should I attach said camera for the best results. I am on a budget due to baby on the way so older cameras will probably what I would look for!

Thanks in advance
Old Sunday 25th November 2012, 18:05   #2
Smithhill
Smith20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboywez View Post
I have had my scope for a while now and want to start using it to take pics.
The scope I have is a Acuter ST 16-48x65A. My question is what sort of features on a compact camera should I look for and how should I attach said camera for the best results. I am on a budget due to baby on the way so older cameras will probably what I would look for!

Thanks in advance
Whoops, sorry you were left hanging. I can help you get into quality digiscoping for very little money. Just how depends upon your fabrication skills and any home tools. Attached is one of my early shots using a home made scope with a $10. achromatic lens from Surplus Shed and an old Canon A-720 camera. Click image to enlarge. My current favorite camera is a little Lumix FH-1, or FS-10 I bought for $12 from e-Bay.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6212/6...ae58f7d5_z.jpg

The steps I suggest, in order, are determining if your scope eyepiece is suitable for digiscoping, and if not, what can be done. After solving that my suggested purchase and attachment of a camera to the eyepiece. We do not buy anything until we know it will work. Do you know the specified eye-relief of your scope eyepiece? If not, is it easy to use by a person wearing eye-glasses?

You will need a medium tripod also. So, get back to me. Gene
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: