• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bass Rock Gannets (1 Viewer)

RuislipMG

Hi i was lucky enough to go on the 2012 seabird drawing course with John Busby, darren Woodhead, John Threfall, Greg Poole and Mark Boyd
Here are some of the sketches i did during the week and visits to bass rock and Dunbar for the Kittiwakes !

Attachments

• DSCF1993.jpg
    DSCF1993.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF1994.jpg
    DSCF1994.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF2000.jpg
    DSCF2000.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF2001.jpg
    DSCF2001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF2005.jpg
    DSCF2005.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 101
and some more !

Attachments

• DSCF2007.jpg
    DSCF2007.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF2008.jpg
    DSCF2008.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF2009.JPG
    DSCF2009.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF2011.jpg
    DSCF2011.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF2016.jpg
    DSCF2016.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 87
Hi i was lucky enough to go on the 2012 seabird drawing course with John Busby, darren Woodhead, John Threfall, Greg Poole and Mark Boyd
Here are some of the sketches i did during the week and visits to bass rock and Dunbar for the Kittiwakes !

What an amazing opportunity that must have been! Number four is a real standout I think.

Beautiful work here Martin.

I think my favourite is the pair of Gannets, particularly due to the front one having the typical 'fierce' eye.

You're not far from where I was brought up!

Super - the kittiwakes are absolutely charming and a big vote for the backlit gannet study; a very true sense of light in this piece. Splendid!

Beautiful artwork :t::t::t::t::t::t::t:

I remember going to Bass Rock in the 80's while working with the Lothian Conservation volunteers for a special trip out - an award for our hard work patching up reserves etc...

It was one of the best birding experiences anyone can ever have - being so close to Gannets was a wow factor!!!

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Cracking work! I've only ever gazed at Bass Rock from across the way. Amazing to think the rock is black under that lot when it appears white from the number of gannets nesting on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back