• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One Year On (1 Viewer)

Bigshent

Biddulph Birder
I have decided begin another thread as I now know what a pencil is and its a year since my first painting (if thats what you can call it) Looking back even I can see improvement in the year. Will there be any improvement in the coming year I dont know. MANY THANKS for all those who took there time to reply to my old thread your words of encouragement certainly helped & the fact I bloody enjoy sploshing paint about. First pic a skulker of a Moorhen A3 .

Attachments

• moorhen 004 (500 x 375).jpg
    moorhen 004 (500 x 375).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 99
  • moorhen 004 (430 x 500).jpg
    moorhen 004 (430 x 500).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Your too kind. A little dabble with Acrylics again with a cut down water brush :-O I must get to the art store this week

Attachments

• goldy.jpg
    goldy.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
I think acrylics suit you, crack on!

But do buy some decent brushes, watercolour brushes are usually too soft to get the best out of acrylics.

Mike

Cheers all not having time for colour work Ive banged a couple of graphites out on different types of paper to see which one I preferred. Out of the three the very smooth suited me and the heavy cartridge paper I struggled with. A little bit of smudge tool on the black edges of the Nuthatch improved the 5b work. Im quite happy with the Buzzard drawing on the smooth.

Acrylic Brushes purchased .

Attachments

• scan0007 (600 x 562).jpg
    scan0007 (600 x 562).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 78
  • scan0006 (346 x 500).jpg
    scan0006 (346 x 500).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 75
  • scan0004 (444 x 600).jpg
    scan0004 (444 x 600).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I have quite a bit of time in the evenings for my dabbling s with brush. I also feel ive learnt a fair bit too which is always a bonus. The first a Meercat something a little different. Then a Spuggy Hawk and Kingfisher. The Beared Tit may have some more back ground added when time allows. I also tried a Burnt stick picture that wasnt going anywhere other than the bin

Attachments

• summit different 002 (382 x 600).jpg
    summit different 002 (382 x 600).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 74
  • spuggy.jpg
    spuggy.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Kingy.jpg
    Kingy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 76
  • bearded tit 009 (650 x 468).jpg
    bearded tit 009 (650 x 468).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 76
I love the kingfisher, Paul. That variety is much more colorful (turquoise) than the one native to my home state (see my latest post). Keep up the great work!

Hi Bigshent,
Nice to catch up on this new thread, some lovely work on here already. The moorhen piece is very nice, I like the delicate tones in the piece. Your graphite work is excellent, would love to see more...these are fine quality illustrations...
Thumbs up for the excellent male Sparrowhawk, which just goes to prove your versatility, as well as your recent industry!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back