• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tundra Swan (1 Viewer)

ody

Today I saw and photographed 5 Tundra Swans by artificial lake of Agras, North Greece. According to Collins they normaly don't apear in Greece.
I also photographed a Phalacrocorax carbo sinensis ( Thank you , Lou).
It was a great day with super weather.

Attachments

• cormorant.jpg
    cormorant.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Cygnus_columbianus.jpg
    Cygnus_columbianus.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 104
Mpravo

ody said:
Today I saw and photographed 5 Tundra Swans by artificial lake of Agras, North Greece. According to Collins they normaly don't apear in Greece.
I also photographed a Phalacrocorax carbo sinensis ( Thank you , Lou).
It was a great day with super weather.
Great day with 2 rare birds for Greece
Mpravo
George

Hi Ody,
An interesting sighting of the Tundra Swans. It would be interesting to see if any more turn up and when those birds depart if you are close enough to make some more visits. There are generally two main routes of migration for Tundras. The western part of the breeding range in the northern former USSR go south west to scandinavia, Poland, Germany, Holland and the UK. The eastern population go south east to winter in China, Japan and Korea. There is a very small population from the middle of the range which go south to winter around the Caspian Sea and it could be five of these that you saw which have continued further south. Forgive me if you already know these facts but I would be interested in any further sightings you get. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Best Wishes

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back