• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (2 Viewers)

Up and out in the dark tomorrow and back after dark, but one last addition today with Coal Tit leaving me on 40 for the year.

All the best

Me too: away at work before dawn & away the rest of the day, so 80 it stays for me.

A great contest H...you are truly a worthy "inland" adversary, we probably tied, as you're skein of geese, stood a more than good chance of being Pinkies...as opposed to porkies. ;)

I can't see any advance for me within the next few hours.....short of divine intervention...but!....finishing just one behind Richard, now there's a surprise!

A great contest H...you are truly a worthy "inland" adversary, we probably tied, as you're skein of geese, stood a more than good chance of being Pinkies...as opposed to porkies. ;)

I can't see any advance for me within the next few hours.....short of divine intervention...but!....finishing just one behind Richard, now there's a surprise!

Yes, I suspect that c80 per year will be the pattern in the future as our new location, though in a beautiful spot, is further away from the migration route that 'funnels' raptors/cranes etc between the Alps and the Jura into the start of the Rhône valley.
Anyway, good luck to all Garden listers in 2017 from the locals here in sunny, snow-deprived Haute-Savoie.

Attachments

• Happy New year 2017.jpg
    Happy New year 2017.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 186
I ended the year on 60. thats 71% of my all time garden list. 49 were in the garden, the rest were flyovers or seen from the garden. I'm happy with that, I was never going to challenge the inland leaders from here, I didn't expect to get this many.

I ended the year on 60. thats 71% of my all time garden list. 49 were in the garden, the rest were flyovers or seen from the garden. I'm happy with that, I was never going to challenge the inland leaders from here, I didn't expect to get this many.

Nice work Dad.

I ended the year on 86. Which is 97% of my all time garden list - more a reflection of paying more attention than it being a particularly good year I think!
65 of those were in the garden, including a very pleasing 19 different warblers. The rest were flyovers or heard from the garden and then found.

One lifer - Yellow-billed cuckoo, heard from home and then found nearby, which Dad was here for too. A real treat.

Congratulations everyone. Here's too another year of paying attention!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back