• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring is here!! (1 Viewer)

When I was in Aqaba ,Jordan on 3rd/4th march plenty of Redstarts, Chiffchaff, Whitehroat, lesser whitethroat

not seen any migrants yet myself but in east lancashire - lrp arrived over 7 days ago, sand martins, chiffchaff and ring ousel this week. also a sandwich tern.

Some are lucky to get Blackbirds :p

When do Stone Curlews usually arrive?

Hi, (as the himalaya's are!)
this is about the right time, and it was around the 3rd week of march last year that I first heard them, but these could be overwintering birds returning early to their sites, as some have stayed in East Anglia the last few years.
I believe they are one of the early migrants though, so if you have sites near you, it may be worth checking out.
regards dave

Reed Warbler - Norfolk. Common Swift - Portland Bill.

Looks like the weekend will be cloudier but no rain to bring these migrants down!

Gareth

Last edited:
Swallows, Carmarthenshire

Just seen 2 swallows, my first sighting this year! Also, when I was out on my kayak yesterday I saw 2 terns, sorry don't know what sort as i'm not very knowledgable about these things.
Not really migration, but when out on my kayak I was treated to a lovely display by 3 peregrines .

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back